[CvGmt News] Seminario B. Pellacci (04/12/2018)

Riccardo Molle molle at axp.mat.uniroma2.it
Tue Nov 27 15:11:15 CET 2018

SEMINARIO DI EQUAZIONI DIFFERENZIALI
Dipartimento di Matematica
Università degli Studi di Roma "Tor Vergata"

Martedi' 4 dicembre 2018, ore 14:30 Aula Dal Passo

  Benedetta Pellacci (Università della Campania ``Luigi Vanvitelli'')

Titolo:  Asymptotic spherical shapes in some spectral optimization problems

Sunto:  We study the positive principal eigenvalue of a weighted problem
associated with the Neumann Laplacian. This analysis is related to the
investigation of the survival threshold in population dynamics. When
trying to minimize such eigenvalue with respect to the weight, one is
lead to consider a shape optimization problem, which is known to admit
spherical optimal shapes only in very specific cases. We investigate
whether spherical shapes can be recovered in general situations, in some
singular perturbation limit. We also consider a related problem, where
the diffusion is triggered by a fractional $s$-Laplacian, and the
optimization is performed with respect to the fractional order
$s\in(0,1]$. These are joint works with Dario Mazzoleni and Gianmaria
Verzini.

Via della Ricerca Scientifica 1
00133 Rome (Italy)

Phone: +39 06 72594668