[CvGmt News] avviso seminario di Matematica prof. Fabrizio Catanese (1.03.2016)

Valeria Giuliani valeria.giuliani at sns.it
Mon Feb 29 10:10:45 CET 2016

SEMINARIO DI MATEMATICA

Martedì 1 marzo 2016

ore 16:00

*Scuola Normale Superiore*

Pisa

Aula Bianchi

*Fabrizio Catanese*

(*Università di Bayreuth, Germany)*

terrà un seminario dal titolo:

*“**Configurations of lines and interesting algebraic surfaces**”*

*Abstract:*

*Many important question in the theory of surfaces and in algebraic
geometry have been solved thanks **to explicit constructions of algebraic
surfaces as abelian coverings branched over special configurations of
lines. After recalling  the classical configurations (Pappus, Desargues,
Fano, Hesse) I shall describe simple  equations for such surfaces, as  the
Fermat, and Hirzebruch-Kummer coverings. As the configuration of lines
becomes special some interesting geometry shows up, as in the case of the
six lines of a complete quadrangle, relted to the Del Pezzo surface of
degree 5 and its icosahedral symmetry. After mentioning many important
such  examples and applications, by several authors, I shall concentrate on
a  recent simple series of such surfaces, studied in my joint work  with
Ingrid Bauer and Michael Dettweiler, discussing  new results and quite
general open questions.*

Tutti gli interessati sono invitati a partecipare.

Classe di Scienze Matematiche e Naturali

Valeria Giuliani
Scuola Normale Superiore
Servizio alla Didattica e Allievi
tel. 050 509260