[CvGmt News] Seminario di Analisi Reale ed Armonica

Daniele Castorina castorin at mat.uniroma2.it
Wed Mar 5 09:54:07 CET 2014

Cari colleghi,

vi inoltro l' annuncio di Francesco di Plinio per segnalarvi il seguente
seminario di Analisi Reale e Complessa:

Dipartimento di Matematica Università di Roma "Tor Vergata"
Seminario di Analisi Reale ed Armonica
Martedì 11 Marzo, ore 16, Aula Dal Passo

Talk: EXTENDING SETS BY MEANS OF THE MAXIMAL FUNCTION; CONTINUITY ESTIMATES
by IOANNIS PARISSIS, DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS, AALTO UNIVERSITY, FINLAND
E-mail address: ioannis.parissis at gmail.com
<mailto:ioannis.parissis at gmail.com>
Abstract. Let B be a collection of bounded open sets in R^n such as
balls, cubes, or ndimensional
rectangles with sides parallel to the coordinate axes. We let M_B f(x)
denote the
maximal operator associated with the collection B.
We show  that the enlargement of a set E defined by the (1-epsilon)
superlevel set of the maximal
function M_B converges to the set E as epsilon goes to zero, in a
suitable geometric sense, defined in
accordance with
the geometry of B.  For more general collections B (such as homothecy
invariant collections
of convex sets) we state a corresponding conjecture. This talk reports
on joint work with Paul
A. Hagelstein (Baylor).

--

Francesco Di Plinio, PhD in Pure Mathematics
INdAM - Marie Curie Fellow at Dipartimento di Matematica Università