[CvGmt News] Fwd: Trimester on Optimal Transport at Hausdorff Center, Bonn University

Luigi Ambrosio l.ambrosio at sns.it
Thu Feb 6 15:09:51 CET 2014

-------- Messaggio originale --------
Oggetto: 	Trimester on Optimal Transport at Hausdorff Center, Bonn
University
Data: 	Thu, 06 Feb 2014 15:07:39 +0100
Mittente: 	Karl-Theodor Sturm <sturm at uni-bonn.de>
A: 	Xenia Fast <fast at iam.uni-bonn.de>

Dear Colleague,

please let me draw your attention to a forthcoming
"Junior Trimester Program" on "Optimal Transportation"
from January to April 2015 at the Hausdorff Center at Bonn University.

In particular, I kindly ask you to forward this information to young
colleagues and to encourage them to apply.
It would be great if you could foster the team-building.

A Junior Hausdorff Trimester Program (Junior HTP) gives young
mathematicians (postdocs, junior faculty -- less than 10 years after
PhD, no tenured professor position ) the opportunity to carry out
collaborative research in a unique environment. Proposals for workshops
and mini-courses are explicitly encouraged, and senior scientists can be
recruited as guest speakers. The facilities and dynamics of the
Institute workplace are conducive to productive and inspiring interaction.

We seek applications from 30 scientists woldwide, preferably groups but
also individuals, whose research interests fit this theme. Individuals
should be open to project work with other participants. The stay in Bonn
is fully financed by HIM, so that successful candidates can apply for
leave from their home institutions. We recommend stays of 4 months, but
visits as short as 4 weeks are possible.

Groups of junior scientists and individuals are requested to include
letters of intent, CVs, lists of publications and recommendation letters
in the application packages. Please send applications using our online
application form. Deadline for application is February 28, 2014.

See the web-page
http://www.him.uni-bonn.de/programs/future-programs/future-junior-trimester-programs/optimal-transportation/description/

Please, feel free to contact me for further information.

With best regards,

Karl-Theodor Sturm