[CvGmt News] avviso seminario di matematica dr. Lars Khuene (12.02.2014)

valeria.giuliani at sns.it valeria.giuliani at sns.it
Fri Feb 7 09:55:48 CET 2014

SEMINARIO MATEMATICA

Mercoledì 12 febbraio 2014

ore 16:00

_Scuola Normale Superiore_

Pisa

Aula Mancini

*__*

*Lars Khuene*

/SNS Pisa/

Terrà un seminario dal titolo:

**

*/“/**A survey on the abc-conjecture/”/*

**

*Abstract:*

/I will give a survey on the abc-conjecture. This conjecture can be stated in an elementary way as a condition on triples (a,b,c) of coprime integers satisfying the linear relation a+b=c. (You may easily find the precise statement by using your favorite search engine.)
Despite its elementary form, the abc-conjecture yields substantial information on how addition and multiplication of integers are interrelated. It is also deeply connected to a variety of (still) evolving topics, among which are Vojta’s conjectures, linear forms in logarithms, Buium’s arithmetic differential equations and geometry over the so-called field of one element.
In addition, an intricate proof of the abc-conjecture has been recently announced by Shinichi Mochizuki but I will not dwell on his many intricate new ideas.
Instead, I will introduce the abc-conjecture, give some of its (historic) motivation and focus on related elementary diophantine problems (around Wieferich primes) that show how/

/few we know about integers./

**

Tutti gli interessati sono invitati a partecipare.

Classe di Scienze

--
Valeria Giuliani
Scuola Normale Superiore
E-Mail: v.giuliani at sns.it
E-Mail: classi at sns.it

Le informazioni contenute nella presente e-mail e nei relativi allegati possono essere riservate e sono, comunque, destinate esclusivamente al destinatario in indirizzo.
E’ vietata, pertanto, la diffusione, distribuzione e/o copiatura di tali informazioni da parte di qualsiasi soggetto diverso dal destinatario.
Chiunque abbia ricevuto o letto questa e-mail per errore o senza esserne legittimato è invitato a darne immediatamente notizia  al mittente tramite fax o e-mail e a distruggerla.
Grazie.