[CvGmt News] [Notiziario] [Settimanale] cambio aula per la lezione di domani

Giulia Curciarello curciare at dm.unipi.it
Tue Oct 19 12:14:55 CEST 2004

Si  informa che la lezione del Prof. C. Bardos del 20/10/2004 non si
terrà più in Aula Fermi ma nell'Aula Dini Palazzo del Castelletto, via
del Castelletto 11 Pisa.
Centro di Ricerca Matematica Ennio De Giorgi
Avviso di ciclo di lezioni del Prof. C. Bardos

TITOLO:  "Beliefs and Theorems for Fluid Mechanics"

PROGRAMMA:
To try to reach a convenient overview of the state of the art I intend
in these three lectures to produce a mixture of both very formal
constructions and rigourous theorems. Therefore I will follow the
following schedule.

Tuesday, October 19,  16h30-18h30:  Aula Bianchi This lecture is devoted
to the theorems concerning the incompressible Euler Equation. Local
existence with smooth initial data in 3d,
Global existence and uniqueness in 2d with initial bounded vorticity,
Propagation of regularity in 2d  with the pair dispersion formula and in
3d  with the Beale Kato Majda Kozono criteria and the Constantin
Fefferman criteria.
Arnold stability criteria for stationary solutions.
Open problems in particular weak limit of 2d solutions either with
oscillating initial data or with vanishing viscosity and no slip
boundary condition ( Kato criteria and Grenier instability.)

Wednesday October 20, 18h30-19h30: Aula Dini Palazzo del Castelletto,
via del Castelletto 11 Pisa  I describe tools used for the macroscopic
limit of the Kinetic equations with the hope that they may be used also
for other purpose. The averaging lemma of Golse Lions Perthame and
Sentis and its L1 extension. The notion of dissipative solution for the
incompressible Euler equation application to the incompressible limit of
the Boltzmann equation.
Giulia Curciarello
Segreteria Didattica
tel: 050-2213219