Deadline: 15 jan 2024
A three years postdoctoral fellowship in Geometry and Geometric Analysis is available at the Université Libre de Bruxelles. The differential geometry group at the ULB is a dynamic research group with an excellent international reputation and a lively community of PhD students and postdoctoral researchers. The members of the group have extensive collaborations and links with other research institutions from around the globe. The group is active in Riemannian Geometry, Symplectic Geometry, Gauge Theory and Geometric Analysis. ULB features an excellent mathematics department providing a stimulating research environment and the math department is located in the pleasant and green setting of the "La Plaine" campus in the heart of Brussels.
The position will be funded by the EoS FNRS grant « Beyond Symplectic Geometry ». The candidate will be expected to work with B. Premoselli, but interactions with other members of the geometry group of the ULB are encouraged. Main research topics for this position include Einstein Metrics, Conformal Geometry and Geometric PDEs, but all candidates with a strong background in Geometric Analysis are warmly encouraged to apply.
- The postdoc position is full-time for three years, with a salary starting at approx. 2600eurmonth after all taxes. Salary may be higher depending on seniority and social security is included.
- financial support to attend conferences, workshops, and to invite collaborators is available.
- There are no teaching duties.
- The starting date is flexible and can be any time between June 2024 and December 2024
Requirements for this position:
- The applicant is required to have obtained a Ph.D by the time the position starts.
- The applicant should not have lived in Belgium for more than 24 out of the 36 months before the first day of the position.
Application and deadline:
Applications should be sent by email to Bruno Premoselli (email@example.com) and should include:
- a CV with a list of publications
- a .pdf file of what the candidate considers to be their best research achievement (only one file: published paper or preprint are both ok).
- a 2-page description of research interests
- the names of 2 scholars that will provide recommendation letters. These names should include one Ph.d advisor if the applicant has no prior post-doc experience, and should avoid coauthors. Please ask these scholars to e-mail me their letters for you.
Review of the applications will start on January 15, 2024, and will continue until the position is filled. Applications received before January 15, 2024, will be taken into full consideration.
See also the following link: https:/sites.google.comviewbrunopremosellipostdoc-geometry-24