[CvGmt News] [cvgmt seminar] On the Schrödinger equation with nonlinear point interactions in d = 2

william.borrelli at sns.it william.borrelli at sns.it
Thu Jan 23 12:03:29 CET 2020

On the Schrödinger equation with nonlinear point interactions in d = 2

http://cvgmt.sns.it/seminar/725/

Date: Wednesday, Jan 29, 2020

Time: 09:30

Place: Scuola Normale Superiore, Aula Bianchi Scienze

Speaker: Lorenzo Tentarelli

Abstract. We present some recent results on the twodimensional nonlinear Schrödinger equation with concentrated nonlinearity. We start by discussing local well-posedness of the associated Cauchy problem, as well as mass and energy conservation along the flow. Then, we show that in the repulsive case solutions are global-in-time, whereas in the attractive case one can exhibit a class of initial data that gives rise to blow-up phenomena. Finally, we present the family of the standing waves of the problem, and discuss their stability properties.

These are joint works with R. Adami, R. Carlone, M. Correggi and A. Fiorenza.