[CvGmt News] Seminario H. Tavares (02/07/2019)

Riccardo Molle molle at axp.mat.uniroma2.it
Wed Jun 26 08:38:04 CEST 2019

SEMINARIO DI EQUAZIONI DIFFERENZIALI

Dipartimento di Matematica
Università degli Studi di Roma "Tor Vergata"

Martedì 2 luglio 2019, ore 14:30 Aula Dal Passo

Hugo Tavares  (Universidade de Lisboa)

Titolo: Least energy solutions of Hamiltonian elliptic systems with
Neumann boundary conditions

Sunto: In this talk we will discuss existence and qualitative properties
of solutions to a class of Hamiltonian elliptic systems with Neumann
boundary conditions ,both in the sublinear and superlinear problems, in
the subcritical regime. In balls and annuli we show that least energy
solutions (l.e.s.) are /not/ radial functions, but only partially
symmetric (namely foliated Schwarz symmetric). A key element in the
proof is a new L^t-norm-preserving transformation, which combines a
suitable flipping with a decreasing rearrangement. This combination
allows us to treat annular domains, sign-changing functions, and Neumann
problems, which are non-standard settings to use rearrangements and
symmetrizations.  Our theorems also apply to the scalar associated
model, where our approach provides new results as well as alternative
proofs of known facts. This is a joint work with Alberto Saldaña.

(*) this seminar is part of the activity of the MIUR Excellence
Department Project CUP E83C18000100006

http://www.mat.uniroma2.it/~ricerca/analis/Seminario%20di%20Equazioni%20Differenziali.html

Via della Ricerca Scientifica 1
00133 Rome (Italy)