[CvGmt News] Seminario di A. Pisante (8 maggio 2018)

Alfonso Sorrentino sorrentino at mat.uniroma2.it
Mon Apr 30 17:48:38 CEST 2018

 SEMINARIO DI EQUAZIONI DIFFERENZIALI
Dipartimento di Matematica
Universita' degli Studi di Roma "Tor Vergata"

Martedi' 8 Maggio 2018, ore 14:30 Aula Dal Passo

Adriano Pisante (Sapienza, Universita' di Roma)

Titolo: Large deviations for the stochastic Allen-Cahn approximation of the
mean curvature flow

Abstract: We consider the sharp interface limit for the Allen-Cahn equation
on the three dimensional torus with deterministic initial condition and
deterministic or stochastic forcing terms. In the deterministic case, we
discuss the convergence of solutions to the mean curvature flow, possibly
with a forcing term, in the spirit of the pioneering work of Tom Ilmanen
(JDG '93). In addition we analyze the convergence of the corresponding
action functionals to a limiting functional described in terms of
varifolds.  In the second part I will comment on related results for the
stochastic case, describing how this limiting functional enters in the
large deviation asymptotics for the laws of the corresponding processes in
the joint sharp interface and small noise limit.

Web-page: http://www.mat.uniroma2.it/~sorrenti/SeminarioED.html

--
Dipartimento di Matematica
Università degli Studi di Roma "Tor Vergata"

Phone: +39 06 72594663
Fax:      +39 06 72594699
Web page: http://www.mat.uniroma2.it/~sorrenti
Email: sorrentino at mat.uniroma2.it