[CvGmt News] Seminario di P. Podio-Guidugli 21/3/2017

Alfonso Sorrentino sorrentino at mat.uniroma2.it
Mon Mar 13 16:52:17 CET 2017

SEMINARIO DI EQUAZIONI DIFFERENZIALI
Dipartimento di Matematica
Universita' degli Studi di Roma "Tor Vergata"

Martedi' 21 Marzo 2017, ore 14:30 Aula Dal Passo

Paolo Podio-Guidugli (Universita' di Roma "Tor Vergata" & Accademia
Nazionale dei Lincei)

Titolo: On the modeling of transport phenomena

Abstract: Sound modeling is a necessary premise for all problems in
mathematical analysis that are meant to be of interest for applications.
Equations intended to capture the phenomenology of convection, diffusion,
and drift, are no exceptions. Firstly, I will review the deterministic
approach of Continuum Mechanics. Next, I will discuss how probabilistic
counterparts of the basic CM balance equations can be arrived at within
the framework of non-equilibrium Statistical Mechanics. Finally, on moving
from Einstein’s and Langevin’s probabilistic/stochastic modeling of
Brownian motion, I will briefly introduce anomalous diffusion.

Website: http://www.mat.uniroma2.it/~sorrenti/SeminarioED.html

Viale della Ricerca Scientifica 1
00133 Rome (Italy)

Phone: +39 06 72594663