[CvGmt News] avviso seminario di Matematica dr. Chinh Lu (16.11.2015)

Valeria Giuliani valeria.giuliani at sns.it
Wed Nov 11 14:09:18 CET 2015

Seminario di Matematica

Lunedì 16 novembre 2015

ore 14:00

*Scuola Normale Superiore*

Pisa

Aula Bianchi Scienze

*Chinh Lu*

*( Centro De Giorgi)*

Terrà un seminario dal titolo:

*“ Convexity of the extended Mabuchi energy and the large time behaviour of
the weak Calabi flow”*

*Abstract:*

*Let X be  a compact Kahler manifold. In this talk we first establish the
convexity of the Mabuchi energy along finite energy geodesics in the
competion of the space of Kahler metrics (the case of C^1,1 geodesics was
proved by Berman-Berndtsson). Secondly,  following the program of J.
Streets we use this to study the  asymptotics of the weak  Calabi flow
which is  the gradient flow of the  Mabuchi energy in the CAT(0) space of
Kahler metrics. This flow exists for all times and coincide with the smooth
one whenever the latter exists. We show that it either diverges or it
converges, in the  pluripotential sense,  to some minimiser of the
functional. This gives the first concrete result about the long time
convergence of this flow on general Kahler manifolds, partially confirming
a conjecture of Donaldson.  This is joint work with Robert Berman and Tamas
Darvas **http://arxiv.org/abs/1510.01260 <http://arxiv.org/abs/1510.01260>*
*.*

Tutti gli interessati sono invitati a partecipare.

Classe di Scienze Matematiche e Naturali

Valeria Giuliani
Scuola Normale Superiore
Servizio alla Didattica e Allievi
tel. 050 509260