[CvGmt News] avviso seminario di matematica dr. Jung Kyu CANCI (27.03.2015)

Valeria Giuliani valeria.giuliani at sns.it
Fri Mar 20 09:22:09 CET 2015

*SEMINARIO DI MATEMATICA*

Venerdì 27 marzo 2015

ore 16:00

*Scuola Normale Superiore*

Pisa

Aula Fermi

*Jung Kyu CANCI*

*Universitat Basel*

Terrà un seminario dal titolo:

*“Quadratic maps with a marked periodic point of small order”*

*Abstract:*

*In a joint work with Jeremy Blanc and Noam Elkies we took in consideration
the variety Rat2(n) that parametrizes the pairs (f, P) where f is an
endomorphism of degree 2 of P1 and P is a periodic point for f of minimal
period n, for an arbitrary fixed integer n. One considers a canonical
conjugation action of PGL2 on Rat2(n). The quotient M2(n) = Rat2(n)/PGL2
exists as a geometric quotient of dimension 2. We proved that M2(n) is
rational over Q when n ≤ 5 and is of general type for n = 6. An explicit
description of the surface with n = 6 lets us find several infinite
families of quadratic endomorphisms defined over Q with a rational periodic
point of order 6. We will see why this is in contrast with the polynomial
case, where it is conjectured that no polynomial endomorphism defined over
Q with degree 2 admits rational periodic points of order n > 3.*

Tutti gli interessati sono invitati a partecipare.

Classe di Scienze Matematiche e Naturali

Valeria Giuliani
Scuola Normale Superiore
Servizio alla Didattica e Allievi
tel. 050 509260