[CvGmt News] avviso seminario di matematica prof. Wojtek Czaya (16.06.2015)

Valeria Giuliani valeria.giuliani at sns.it
Tue Jun 9 09:39:06 CEST 2015

SEMINARIO DI MATEMATICA

Martedì 16 giugno 2015

ore 10:00

*Scuola Normale Superiore*

Pisa

Aula Campana

*Prof. Wojtek Czaya*

*University of Maryland*

Terrà un seminario dal titolo:

*“Solving Fredholm integrals from incomplete measurements”*

*Abstract:*

*We present an algorithm to solve Fredholm integrals of the first kind with
tensor product structures, from a limited number of measurements with the
goal of using this method to accelerate nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR)
measurements. This is done by incorporating compressive sampling type
arguments to fill in the missing measurements using a priori** knowledge of
the structure of the data. In the first step, we recover a compressed data
matrix from measurements that form a tight frame, and establish that these
measurements satisfy the restricted isometry property (RIP). In the second
step, we solve the zeroth-order regularization minimization problem using
the Venkataramanan-Song-Huerlimann algorithm. We demonstrate the
performance of this algorithm on simulated data and compare it with other
sampling techniques. *

*(Joint work with Alexander Cloninger and Ariel Hafftka)*

Tutti gli interessati sono invitati a partecipare.

Classe di Scienze Matematiche Naturali
Valeria Giuliani
Scuola Normale Superiore
Servizio alla Didattica e Allievi