[CvGmt News] avviso seminario di matematica prof. David Ruiz (22.07.2015)

Valeria Giuliani valeria.giuliani at sns.it
Thu Jul 9 12:09:35 CEST 2015

SEMINARIO DI MATEMATICA

mercoledì 22 luglio 2015

ore 14:00

*Scuola Normale Superiore*

Pisa

Aula Bianchi

*David Ruiz*

*Departamento de Analisis Matematico*

*Universidad de Granada*

Terrà un seminario dal titolo:

*“ A rigidity result for overdetermined elliptic problem in  the plain. ”*

*Abstract:*

 *In this talk we consider an overdetermined elliptic problem posed in an
unbounded domain of the plane. This kind of problems appears in many
different contexts, like free boundary problems, obstacle problems and
optimization.*

*We prove that if the boundary of the domain is connected and unbounded the
domain must be a half-plane. This gives an anwer to a question raised by
Berestycki, Caffarelli and Nirenberg in 1997.*
* This is joint work with Antonio Ros (U. Granada) and P. Sicbaldi (U. Aix
Marseille)..*

Tutti gli interessati sono invitati a partecipare.

Classe di Scienze Matematiche e Naturali

Valeria Giuliani
Scuola Normale Superiore
Servizio alla Didattica e Allievi
tel. 050 509260