[CvGmt News] avviso seminario di matematica dr. Ignacio Zurrian (04.02.2015)

Valeria Giuliani valeria.giuliani at sns.it
Mon Feb 2 11:19:24 CET 2015

SEMINARIO DI MATEMATICA

Mercoledì 4 febbraio 2015

ore 17:00

*Scuola Normale Superiore*

Pisa

Aula Campana

*Ignacio Zurrian*

*Universidad Nacional de Córdoba, Argentina*

Terrà un seminario dal titolo:

*“Matrix Valued Spherical Functions, Matrix Orthogonal Polynomials and Time
and Band Limiting for Matrix Functions”*

*Abstract:*

*We will introduce the general notion of matrix valued spherical functions
and matrix valued orthogonal polynomials, together with the results
obtained for the pairs (SO(n+1),SO(n)). We will also talk about the algebra
of matrix differential operators associated to a matrix weight.** Finally,
we will show the extension of a result, that traces its origin and its
importance to work of Claude Shannon in lying the mathematical foundations
of information theory and to a remarkable series of papers by D. Slepian,
H. Landau and H. Pollak, to a situation involving matrix valued orthogonal
polynomials and spherical functions.*

Tutti gli interessati sono invitati a partecipare.

Classe di Scienze Matematiche e Naturali

Valeria Giuliani
Scuola Normale Superiore
Servizio alla Didattica e Allievi
tel. 050 509260