[CvGmt News] avviso seminario di matematica prof. Arnaud Debussche (23.04.2015)

Valeria Giuliani valeria.giuliani at sns.it
Tue Apr 21 09:58:12 CEST 2015

SEMINARIO DI MATEMATICA

Giovedì 23 aprile 2015

ore 14:00

*Scuola Normale Superiore*

Pisa

Aula Mancini

*Arnaud Debussche*

*IRMAR and Ecole Normale Superièure  de Rennes*

Terrà un seminario dal titolo:

*“Diffusive limits for stochastic kinetic *

*equtions”*

*Abstract:*

*In this talk, we consider kinetic equations containing random terms.
The kinetic models contain a small parameter and it is well known
that, after scaling, when this parameter goes to zero the limit
problem is a diffusion equation in the PDE sense, ie a parabolic
equation of second order. A smooth noise is added, accounting for
external perturbation. It scales also with the small parameter. It is
expected that the limit equation is then a stochastic parabolic
equation where the noise is in Stratonovitch form. Our aim is to
justify in this way several SPDEs commonly used. We first treat linear
equations with multiplicative noise. Then show how to extend the
methods to nonlinear equations or to the more physical case of a
random forcing term. The results have been obtained jointly with S. De
Moor and J. Vovelle.*

Tutti gli interessati sono invitati a partecipare.

Classe di Scienze Matematiche e Naturali

Valeria Giuliani
Scuola Normale Superiore
Servizio alla Didattica e Allievi
tel. 050 509260