[CvGmt News] seminario Spadaro I/4

Daniele Castorina castorin at mat.uniroma2.it
Wed Mar 26 11:13:49 CET 2014

Cari colleghi,

vi segnalo il prossimo seminario di Equazioni Differenziali a Tor Vergata:

    Martedi' I Aprile 2014, h 14:30, Aula Dal Passo

    Emanuele Spadaro (Max-Planck-Institut - Lipsia)

    "Regularity of minimal surfaces."

    Abstract
    I will present some recent results on the regularity of area
    minimizing generalized submanifolds (in the sense of integral
    currents) in higher codimension. This problem turns out to be very
    different from the more familiar case of minimal hypersurfaces, and
    much less refined results are known. In this talk I will give an
    introduction to this subject and I willpresent an outline of a new
    proof (obtained in collaboration with C. De Lellis) of the most
    important partial regularity of minimizing currents due originally
    to Almgren.

--
Daniele Castorina
Dipartimento di Matematica - Studio 1221
email:castorin at mat.uniroma2.it
tel: +390672594653