[CvGmt News] avviso Colloquio della Classe di Scienze Prof. Eiichiro Komatsu (6.11.2013)

valeria.giuliani at sns.it valeria.giuliani at sns.it
Tue Oct 29 11:11:02 CET 2013

Colloqui Classe di Scienze

    Mercoledì 6 novembre 2013

ore 15:00

_Scuola Normale Superiore_

Pisa

(Sala Azzurra)

*__*

*Prof. *Eiichiro Komatsu*
*/Max-Planck-Institut für Astrophysik, Garching/

Terrà un seminario dal titolo:

*/"/**Critical Tests of Theory of the Early Universe using the Cosmic Microwave Background**/"/***

*/Abstract:/**//*

/The Cosmic Microwave Background (CMB), the fossil light of the Big
Bang, is the oldest light that one can ever hope to observe in our
Universe. The CMB provides us with a direct image of the Universe when
it was still an "infant" - 380,000 years old. /

/The Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe (WMAP) has mapped the
microwave sky in five frequency bands for nine years since 2001,
creating a full-sky CMB map with the unprecedented precision. The WMAP
data have enabled us to obtain a wealth of cosmological information,
such as the composition, age, geometry, and history of the Universe.
Yet, can we go further and learn about the primordial universe, when it
was much younger than 380,000 years old, perhaps as young as a tiny
fraction of a second? If so, this gives us a hope to test competing
theories about the origin of the Universe at ultra high energies. In
this talk, we will review the physics of CMB and the WMAP mission,
present the basic results from nine years of observations, and discuss
their cosmological implications. We will also comment on the recent
results reported by the Planck mission. /

Tutti gli interessati sono invitati a partecipare.
Classe di Scienze

--
Valeria Giuliani
Scuola Normale Superiore
E-Mail: v.giuliani at sns.it
E-Mail: classi at sns.it

Le informazioni contenute nella presente e-mail e nei relativi allegati possono essere riservate e sono, comunque, destinate esclusivamente al destinatario in indirizzo.
E' vietata, pertanto, la diffusione, distribuzione e/o copiatura di tali informazioni da parte di qualsiasi soggetto diverso dal destinatario.
Chiunque abbia ricevuto o letto questa e-mail per errore o senza esserne legittimato è invitato a darne immediatamente notizia  al mittente tramite fax o e-mail e a distruggerla.
Grazie.