[CvGmt News] avviso Colloqui Classe di Scienze prof. Damiano Brigo (16.10.2013)

valeria.giuliani at sns.it valeria.giuliani at sns.it
Mon Oct 7 11:11:03 CEST 2013

Colloqui Classe di Scienze

    Mercoledì 16 ottobre 2013

ore 15:00

_Scuola Normale Superiore_

Pisa

(Sala Azzurra)

*Prof. Damiano Brigo*

/Imperial College, London, UK///

//

Terrà un seminario dal titolo:

*/"/**The ongoing revolution in financial modeling and the possible end
of platonic pricing: a stochastic analysis approach to credit and
funding liquidity risk/"/*

*/Abstract:/**//*

/The market for financial products and derivatives reached an
outstanding notional size of 708 USD Trillions in 2011, amounting to ten
times the planet gross domestic product. Even discounting double
counting, derivatives appear to be an important part of the world
economy and have played a key role in the onset of the financial crisis
in 2007. We introduce the Nobel-awarded option pricing paradigm by Black
Scholes and Merton, hinting at precursors such as Thales, Bachelier and
De Finetti. We explain how the self financing condition coupled with
Ito's formula lead to the Black Scholes Partial Differential Equation
(PDE) for basic option payoffs. We hint at the Feynman Kac theorem that
allows to interpret the Black Scholes PDE solution as the expected value
under a risk neutral probability of the discounted future cash flows,
presenting the detailed solution for Call Options on equity, and
highlighting the fundamental fact that the option price does not depend
on the expected rate of return of the related underlying asset. Finally,
we embed this theory in the recent financial landscape, re-discuss its
assumptions and present a high level view of current issues in financial
modeling, especially funding liquidity costs and credit risk, leading to
an intuitive description of Nonlinear PDEs, recursive equations and
Backward Stochastic//Differential Equations (BSDEs). In a provocative
conclusion, the challenges of recursive, holistic and
aggregation-dependent nonlinear pricing algorithms are highlighted, and
we explain how this may finally relegate Platonic pricing to history
books, an awareness that, ironically, industries different from the
financial one have shown for a long time. /

Tutti gli interessati sono invitati a partecipare.

//

--
Valeria Giuliani
Scuola Normale Superiore
E-Mail: v.giuliani at sns.it
E-Mail: classi at sns.it

Le informazioni contenute nella presente e-mail e nei relativi allegati possono essere riservate e sono, comunque, destinate esclusivamente al destinatario in indirizzo.
E' vietata, pertanto, la diffusione, distribuzione e/o copiatura di tali informazioni da parte di qualsiasi soggetto diverso dal destinatario.
Chiunque abbia ricevuto o letto questa e-mail per errore o senza esserne legittimato è invitato a darne immediatamente notizia  al mittente tramite fax o e-mail e a distruggerla.
Grazie.