[CvGmt News] seminario di "Calcolo delle Variazioni e Analisi Geometrica"

Agnese Di Castro dicastro at mail.dm.unipi.it
Tue Nov 19 12:08:18 CET 2013

Cari colleghi,

vi comunichiamo che domani, mercoledi' 20 novembre alle ore 17.00 nell'aula seminari, presso il Dipartimento di Matematica (Univerista' di Pisa), la Dott.ssa Yana Teplitskaya (St. Petersburg State University) presentera' un seminario dal titolo:

"An example of an infinite Steiner tree connecting an uncountable set"

Abstract: We construct an example of a Steiner tree with an infinite number of branching points connecting an uncountable set of points. Such a tree is proven to be a unique solution to a Steiner problem for the given set of points. As a byproduct we get the whole family of explicitly defined finite Steiner trees, which are unique connected solutions of the Steiner problem for some given finite sets of points, and with growing complexity (i.e. the number of branching points)

Saluti

Agnese & Bozhidar