[CvGmt News] avviso seminario di matematica Dr. Lars Khuene (20.06.2013)

valeria.giuliani at sns.it valeria.giuliani at sns.it
Tue Jun 18 12:41:16 CEST 2013

SEMINARIO MATEMATICA

Giovedì 20 giugno 2013

ore 16:00

_Scuola Normale Superiore_

Pisa

Aula Mancini

*__*

*Dr. Lars Khuene*

(SNS)

*//*

Terrà un seminario dal titolo:

*/"/**Logarithms of Algebraic Numbers/"/*

*//*

*/Abstract:/*

/In my talk, I will discuss a variation of a method developed (by P. Débes and Y. André) in the context of G-functions. To be precise, this variation yields transcendence measures related with the one-dimensional multiplicative torus G_m.
Up to now, using the same method the transcendence of G-function values has been only obtained in a few cases (Y. André, "G-fonctions et transcendence", Crelle 1996) closely related with the modular curve X(2) and the associated hypergeometric functions.
  In the talk, I present my humble effort to translate a part of André's work to the multiplicative torus G_m, obtaining various transcendence measures for logarithms./

/It turns out that the analogue of André's proof is closely related to the classical proofs of certain transcendence measures of logarithms, the most prominent of which is the one given by K. Mahler ("On the approximation of logarithms of algebraic numbers", 1952).
  In fact, Padé approximations to the logarithm (and its multiples) play a major role. However, the Padé approximations used in the approach presented comes not from any ingenious adhoc inspection but straight from Siegel's lemma.
An additional difference is the fact that I have to work with Padé approximations to the logarithm at a certain (varying) set of roots of unity instead of the unity (= 1) of G_m itself./

*//*

Tutti gli interessati sono invitati a partecipare.

Classe di Scienze

--
Valeria Giuliani
Scuola Normale Superiore
E-Mail: v.giuliani at sns.it
E-Mail: adi.sd at sns.it

Le informazioni contenute nella presente e-mail e nei relativi allegati possono essere riservate e sono, comunque, destinate esclusivamente al destinatario in indirizzo.
E' vietata, pertanto, la diffusione, distribuzione e/o copiatura di tali informazioni da parte di qualsiasi soggetto diverso dal destinatario.
Chiunque abbia ricevuto o letto questa e-mail per errore o senza esserne legittimato è invitato a darne immediatamente notizia  al mittente tramite fax o e-mail e a distruggerla.
Grazie.