[CvGmt News] avviso Colloquio della Classe di Scienze prof.Terence H. Rabbitts (26.06.2013)

valeria.giuliani at sns.it valeria.giuliani at sns.it
Thu Jun 13 11:14:45 CEST 2013

Colloqui Classe di Scienze

    Mercoledì 26 giugno 2013

ore 16:00

_Scuola Normale Superiore_

Pisa

(Sala Azzurra)

*__*

*Prof. Terence H. Rabbitts
*/Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, MRC Molecular Haematology
Unit, University of Oxford - Oxford, UK/

Terrà un seminario dal titolo:

*/"/**Genes, the origins of cancer and pursuit of new therapies/"/*

*/Abstract:/**//*

/Advances in molecular biology have allowed us to understand the
structure-function relationship of genes and of proteins and their
abnormal counterparts in human diseases such as cancer, inflammatory
disease and neuropathies. We now understand a great deal about the
genetic changes that underlie the origins of cancer and the subsequent
milieu of mutations that characterize overt cancer but the translation
of this knowledge into new therapies has been difficult. This is partly
because cancer cells exploit many features of normal biology to extend
longevity and evade drug treatment but also because perfecting drugs for
intervention requires many layers of interaction between biologists,
chemists and physicians that present practical difficulties. In our
laboratory, we have been attempting to circumvent these limitations by
creating a microcosm for developing new methods for drug target
identification, through target validation to drug discovery. I will
discuss some of this work in the context of our aim to employ molecular
biology for improved treatment options for patients./

//

Tutti gli interessati sono invitati a partecipare.

//

--
Valeria Giuliani
Scuola Normale Superiore
E-Mail: v.giuliani at sns.it
E-Mail: adi.sd at sns.it

Le informazioni contenute nella presente e-mail e nei relativi allegati possono essere riservate e sono, comunque, destinate esclusivamente al destinatario in indirizzo.
E' vietata, pertanto, la diffusione, distribuzione e/o copiatura di tali informazioni da parte di qualsiasi soggetto diverso dal destinatario.
Chiunque abbia ricevuto o letto questa e-mail per errore o senza esserne legittimato è invitato a darne immediatamente notizia  al mittente tramite fax o e-mail e a distruggerla.
Grazie.