[CvGmt News] seminario Silvestre 23/07

Daniele Castorina castorin at mat.uniroma2.it
Wed Jul 17 09:23:47 CEST 2013

Carissimi,

vi segnalo l'ultimo interessante seminario di ED a Tor Vergata prima
della pausa estiva:

*Martedi' 23 Luglio 2013, h 14:30, Aula Dal Passo
Luis Silvestre (Chicago University, USA)
"Uniformly elliptic equations that hold only at points of large
gradient." The estimates Krylov and Safonov for uniformly elliptic
equations with measurable coefficients are a central tool in the study
of fully non linear elliptic equations in non divergence form. We study
a variant in which the equation is only required to hold at points where
the gradient of the solution is large. At points of small gradient we
have no information. We obtain Holder estimates and a Harnack
inequality. This is a joint work with Cyril Imbert. *

--
Daniele Castorina
Dipartimento di Matematica - Studio 1221
email: castorin at mat.uniroma2.it
tel: +390672594653