[CvGmt News] [CvGmt position] announcement

martinazzi at gmail.com martinazzi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 23:17:03 CET 2013

4 year PhD and postdoc positions at the University of Basel (3 positions)

http://cvgmt.sns.it/position/69/

Deadline: Wednesday, May  1, 2013

*PHD AND POSTDOC POSITIONS AT THE DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS OF THE UNIVERSITY OF BASEL*

*Workgroup of Luca Martinazzi*

I am looking for candidates for 2 PhD and 1 Post-Doc positions under my supervision in the Analysis Group at the Department of Mathematics of the University of Basel
([http://math.unibas.ch/research/analysis/]). Each position can start in Summer 2013, when I will move from Rutgers University to the University of Basel, or later.
The main lines of research I am interested in developing are:

- Elliptic and Parabolic Partial Differential Equations in geometric analysis

- Conformal geometry

- Nonlocal equations (fractional Laplacian, non-local minimal surfaces)

- Harmonic maps

- Moser-Trudinger embeddings

- Calculus of Variations

Further details on my research interests can be found on my webpage:
[http://www.math.rutgers.edu/lm616/]

Positions will last for up to 4 years (up to Summer 2017). I also encourage prospective candidates who may be interested in starting in Spring or Fall 2014 to contact me already
at this stage.

The tentative salary of PhD students will be of approximately

- 42000 CHF for the first year

- 45000 CHF for the second year

- 48000 CHF for the third and fourth years

The tentative salary of the postdoc will be of approximately

- 81000 CHF for the first year

- 84000 CHF for the second year

- 88000 CHF for the third and fourth years

There is a generous grant to cover travel expenses and invitations

Light teaching duties

How to apply: Applications should be sent by email (martinazzi at gmail.com) and should include:

- a cover letter (briefly explaining the scientific interests of the candidate and the motivations for coming to Basel)

- a curriculum vitae

- a list of 2 or 3 people that may provide references for the candidate

- a list of publications (for the postdoc position only)

- a research statement (for the postdoc position only)

Applications should be sent by the end of May 2013. Late applications will also be considered until the positions are filled, but people interested in these positions are encouraged to contact me as soon as possible.

For any information feel free to contact me at the address martinazzi at gmail.com.

PhD positions at the University of Basel: http://www.math.rutgers.edu/~lm616/Basel.pdf