[CvGmt News] CVGMT weekly bulletin

web at cvgmt.sns.it web at cvgmt.sns.it
Fri May 25 12:00:02 CEST 2012

Weekly bulletin of http://cvgmt.sns.it/

--- Summary ---

* Seminars by: Ghiraldin
* New papers by: Nayam, Ambrosio, Franzina, Buttazzo, De Pascale, De Philippis, Lamberti, Gori-Giorgi, Figalli, Colombo
* Modified papers by: Matthes, Enders, Topping, Müller, Mazzieri, Savaré, Mantegazza, Lussardi, Stefanelli, Catino, Haslhofer, Lisini, Eleuteri, Neel, Barilari, Boscain

--- Seminars next week ---

* Wednesday 30 may 2012
time: 17:00
Sala Seminari, Department of Mathematics, Pisa University

Metric currents and a functional of Mumford-Shah type in codimension higher than one
Francesco Ghiraldin (SNS Pisa)

Abstract.  I will introduce and study a new Mumford-Shah functional of codimension higher than one, in which the gradient is replaced by the distributional jacobian. Since only part of the classical GSBV theory can be adapted to our case, I will use the general framework of metric currents to define the "jump" part of the energy and to investigate the properties of currents of finite size. If time allows a variational approximation of the functional will be outlined.