[CvGmt News] avviso Colloqui della Classe di Scienze prof.ssa Francesca Matteucci (19.12.2012)

Valeria Giuliani valeria.giuliani at sns.it
Mon Dec 10 13:02:37 CET 2012

Colloqui Classe di Scienze

ore 15.00

_Scuola Normale Superiore_

Pisa

(Aula Mancini)

*__*

*Francesca Matteucci
*/Università di Trieste/*//*

//

Terrà un seminario dal titolo:

*/"/** From Chemistry to Galaxies: Astroarchaelogy/"/*

*//*

*/Abstract:/*

/During the Big Bang only light chemical elements (H, D, He, Li) were
formed, whereas the stars formed all the other elements. Galactic
chemical evolution deals with the formation and evolution of the
chemical elements in galaxies. By studying the present time distribution
of the abundances of the most common chemical elements in stars and gas
we can reconstruct the history of formation and evolution of galaxies.
This approach is called astroarchaelogy. I will describe the basic
ingredients and the methods adopted to build chemical evolution models
of galaxies of different morphological type. It will be shown how some
particular abundance ratios, such as O/Fe, can be used as cosmic clocks
and infer the typical timescales for the formation of galaxies. I will
describe the results of models for the Milky Way galaxy, for the dwarf
spheroidal galaxies of the Local Group and for large spheroids such as
elliptical galaxies. I will show how  different abundance patterns
result from different star formation histories and how abundance ratios
can be used to reveal the nature of high redshift objects. Finally,
cosmic chemical evolution, in an unitary comoving volume of the
universe, will be discussed./*//*

*//*

*//*

Tutti gli interessati sono invitati a partecipare

Classe di Scienze

--
Valeria Giuliani
Scuola Normale Superiore