[CvGmt News] advertisement: Optimal Transport (to) Orsay

Filippo Santambrogio filippo.santambrogio at math.u-psud.fr
Mon Apr 16 13:14:48 CEST 2012

Dear friends and colleagues,

let me spend a brief e-mail to advertise the workshop

<http://goog_415950123>
Optimal Transport (to) Orsay <http://www.math.u-psud.fr/~otto/>

that we organise (with F. Bolley, N. Bonnotte, G. Carlier and J. Louet) in
Paris-Sud for the next June (18-22). The workshop will start on Tuesday
19th in the afternoon, and it will be preceded by some mini-courses :
- on Monday morning a brief introduction to optimal transport for those who
are not familiar with its mathematical details but want to follow the
workshop
- on Monday afternoon and a Tuesday morning two mini-courses of 3h each on
numerical methods (by Q. Mérigot) and on concentration of measures and
functional inequalities (by N. Gozlan).

*It is still possible for students and postdocs to apply for financial
support,* till the end of this week. Notice that this support would cover
lodging and meals, but different requests (for instance covering the
flights *instead* of the stay) may be submitted to the organizers by e-mail.

Hope to see some of you and/or of your students in Orsay in June,

Filippo