[CvGmt News] Seminari di Calcolo delle Variazioni e Analisi Geometrica

magnani at dm.unipi.it magnani at dm.unipi.it
Fri Apr 15 12:52:08 CEST 2011

Lipschitz surfaces, perimeter and traces of BV functions in
Carnot-Carathéodory spaces
Speaker: Davide Vittone (Universita` di Padova)
Seminari di Calcolo delle Variazioni e Analisi Geometrica

   Dipartimento di Matematica - Sala Seminari - ore 17:00

   ABSTRACT: We will introduce intrinsic Lipschitz hypersurfaces in
   Carnot-Carathéodory spaces and prove that intrinsic Lipschitz domains
   have locally finite perimeter. We will also show the existence of a
   boundary trace operator for functions of bounded variation on Lipschitz
   domains and obtain extension results for such functions.

You find this news in the cvgmt preprint server: http://cvgmt.sns.it/news/20110420/