[CvGmt News] Seminari di Calcolo delle Variazioni e Analisi Geometrica

magnani at dm.unipi.it magnani at dm.unipi.it
Fri Dec 10 07:56:12 CET 2010

The relaxed energy for harmonic maps from B^3 into S^2.
Speaker: Luca Martinazzi
Seminari di Calcolo delle Variazioni e Analisi Geometrica

   Dipartimento di Matematica - Sala Seminari - ore 17:00

   ABSTRACT: I will discuss the relaxed Dirichlet energy for maps from B^3
   into S^2 (definitions, meaning, etc... ), treating the regularity
   theory in particular. This field contains several long standing open
   questions. I will present a recent result which gives us a better
   understanding of the minimizers of this energy, and casts even more
   open questions.

You find this news in the cvgmt preprint server: http://cvgmt.sns.it/news/20101215/