[CvGmt News] seminario di matematica Dr. Vincenzo Mantova (9.12.2010)

Valeria Giuliani giuliani at sns.it
Tue Dec 7 12:53:00 CET 2010

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Valeria Giuliani
  To: Docenti Scienze ; Ricercatori Scienze ; Perfezionandi Scienze ; Studenti Scienze ; borsisti.scienze at sns.it
  Cc: Segreteria Classe di Scienze ; Portineria Carovana ; Micheletti ; valentina quattrocchi ; leyla makhoul ; francesco casacci ; gavina pinna ; Sito SNS ; Curciarello Giulia ; Alessandra La Spina ; Liviana Paoletti
  Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2010 1:28 PM
  Subject: seminario di matematica Dr. Vincenzo Mantova (9.12.2010)

  SEMINARI DI MATEMATICA

  Giovedì 9 dicembre 2010
  ore 16.00

  Scuola Normale Superiore

  Pisa

  (Aula Tonelli)

  Vincenzo Mantova

  Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa

  Terrà un seminario dal titolo:

  "A Differential Nullstellensatz and the Mordell-Lang Conjecture"

  Abstract:

  The Mordell-Lang Conjecture is a difficult statement about the rational points of the subvarieties of semi-abelian varieties, and it has several consequences in diophantine geometry, such as Faltings' Theorem and the Manin-Mumford Conjecture. It has been proven with several methods, ranging from algebraic geometry to model theory.We focus our attention on the relative Mordell-Lang Conjecture for function fields of characteristic 0. Since in this case the ground field is equipped with a differential operator, it is possible to embed it in a so-called "differentially closed field": in such fields, a weak form of Nullstellensatz holds (i.e., varieties defined as zeroes of differential polynomials have rational points in the fields).We will see how this differential Nullstellensatz can be axiomatized, and we will show some basic consequences that establish analogies between the structure of differential varieties and algebraic varieties. We will then discuss some of the ideas behind exploiting differentially closed fields in order to give a relatively simple proof of the Mordell-Lang Conjecture for function fields (from works of Buium, Pillay and Ziegler)."

  Tutti gli interessati sono invitati a partecipare.

                                                                                                Classe di Scienze

  Valeria Giuliani
  Scuola Normale Superiore
  Servizio Supporto Attività Didattiche - Scienze
  Tel. 050-509260
  Fax. 050-509045
  Piazza dei Cavalieri, 7
  56126 Pisa
  E-Mail: v.giuliani at sns.it
  E-Mail: segreteria.scienze at sns.it

  Le informazioni contenute nella presente e-mail e nei relativi allegati possono essere riservate e sono, comunque, destinate esclusivamente al destinatario in indirizzo.
  E' vietata, pertanto, la diffusione, distribuzione e/o copiatura di tali informazioni da parte di qualsiasi soggetto diverso dal destinatario.
  Chiunque abbia ricevuto o letto questa e-mail per errore o senza esserne legittimato è invitato a darne immediatamente notizia  al mittente tramite fax o e-mail e a distruggerla.
  Grazie.