[CvGmt News] REMINDER: CNA Ph.D. Fellowships in Applied Analysis

Nancy J. Watson nw0z at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Nov 18 16:29:09 CET 2009

CNA Ph.D. Fellowships in Applied Analysis, Carnegie Mellon University

As part of our National Science Foundation supported Research Training
Group (RTG) Program, we are actively seeking applicants for the graduate
program in Applied Analysis at CMU. Our goal is to streamline the path
to the Ph.D. and to provide enhanced research opportunities to students
interested in general areas of nonlinear partial differential equations,
calculus of variations, and their applications including materials
science, systems biology, and fluid flow.

RTG fellowships have up to 33 months extent with no teaching duties.
Participants of this program are required to be citizens, nationals, or
permanent residents of the United States, and we especially encourage
applications from women and minorities

Interested applicants should follow the common graduate student
application process (http://www.math.cmu.edu/grad/admssn.html) for the
Department of Mathematical Sciences, but make a special note of interest
in this fellowship.

Review of applications will begin on January 15, 2010, and will continue
till the positions are filled.