[CvGmt News] [Notiziario] [Settimanale] seminario EDP

Giulia Curciarello curciare at dm.unipi.it
Mon Dec 13 15:29:30 CET 2004

SEMINAR on PDE,venerdi 17 Dicembre 2004 16:00; sala Seminari
Hideo Kubo
(Universita' di Osaka , Giappone)

Title: Blowup of solutions to a system of wave equations
with critical nonlinearity.

Abstract: We consider a system of wave equations
with unequal propagation speeds in two and three
space dimensions. We underline that behavior of
solutions in 2-D case is differenent from 3-D case,
if we treat the critical nonlinearity. Such a phenomina
comes from the fact that sharp Huygens' principle
holds in 3-D but does not in 2-D.

Giulia Curciarello
Segreteria Didattica
tel: 050-2213219