[CvGmt News] [Notiziario] [Settimanale] Avviso Seminario PDE

Giulia Curciarello curciare at dm.unipi.it
Mon Dec 6 12:25:32 CET 2004

venerdi' 10-12-2004 (16:00) - sala Seminari
Hideo Kubo (Universita' di Osaka , Giappone) :
Asymptotic profile of solutions to nonlinear systems of wave equations.

Seminario PDE

Abstract:We discuss asymptotic behavior of solutions
to nonlinear systems of wave equations. If the effect of the
nonlinearity is not so strong (i.e. short-range type), then
the global solution behaves like the free solution in the
large time. On the contrary, for some nonlinearity
of long-range type we can also construct a global
solution whose energy actually grows up. In this case,
the asymptotic profile of the solution is governed by
an inhomogeneous linear wave equation.

Giulia Curciarello
Segreteria Didattica
tel: 050-2213219