[CvGmt News] SEMINARIO DI SISTEMI DINAMICI (olomorfi e dintorni)

Dynamical Systems Trimester dynsys at math.sns.it
Wed Mar 26 13:45:33 CET 2003

SEMINARIO DI SISTEMI DINAMICI (olomorfi e dintorni)

Aula Seminari del Centro di Ricerca Matematica Ennio De Giorgi
Piazza dei Cavalieri, Collegio Puteano

Martedi' 1 aprile ore 14.30

Prof. Albert FATHI (ENS, Lyon)

``Weak KAM theorem in Lagragian Dynamics

                    or

Viscosity solutions and Aubry Mather sets''

The seminar will be at an introductory level.

Il prof Fathi terra' inoltre un Colloquio de Giorgi
giovedi' 3 aprile alle 15.00 in AUla Mancini (SNS)
su

``C^1 subsolutions of Hamilton-Jacobi Equation''

ABSTRACT (del Colloquio de Giorgi)

We will explain the role of C^1 subsolutions of the
Hamilton-Jacobi Equation in Lagrangian dynamics (Aubry-Mather theory) and
in the Lions-Crandall
theory of viscosity solutions. In a  joint work with Antonio Siconolfi (La
Sapienza, Roma), we have been able to obtain such ``critical
subsolutions''.
We will not assume any familiarity with either Lagrangian Dynamics or
Viscosity
Solutions, however, a knowledge of the basic elements of the Calculus of
variations up to Tonelli's existence of minimizing curves will help.

Stefano Marmi
Marco Abate