[CvGmt News] 2nd. Announcement - Call for contributed talks - The Prairie Analysis Seminar

Marianne Korten marianne at math.ksu.edu
Mon Aug 27 16:10:13 CEST 2001

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

Attached please find an announcement for the Prairie Analysis Seminar
to be held at Kansas State University in Manhattan, October 19-20 2001.
Please forward this message to any interested faculty, doctoral student
or recent graduate.
The Prairie Analysis Seminar is a joint project of Kansas State University and
The University of Kansas. We hope to be able to hold this meeting yearly.
This time, Prof. Fang-Hua Lin from Courant Institute, NYU will be our main
lecturer, with two hour-long additional invited lectures by Profs. Robert Hardt
(Rice University) and Yisong Yang (visiting IAS, Princeton).
We have allocated time for and invite contributed talks.

For more information go to http://www.math.ksu.edu/pas.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

                 The Prairie Analysis Seminar
                 **********************************

      ** Second Announcement ** Call for contributed talks **

October 19-20, 2001;  Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas, USA

Main Speaker:

Prof. Fang-Hua Lin, Courant Institute, NYU.

Invited Speakers:

Profs. Robert Hardt, Rice University, and Yisong Yang, visiting IAS, Princeton.

 We hope to start with this seminar a sequence of yearly analysis meetings
 organized each Fall by the analysis faculty at Kansas State University and
 The University of Kansas. The goal is  to provide an opportunity for scientific
 exchange and cooperation among analysts (broadly defined). The centerpiece
 of the seminar is a series of one-hour lectures given by a keynote speaker,
 with additional matching lectures in the area. There is time
 allocated for shorter contributed talks. If you would like to attend
 and /or give a talk, please submit the registration form below  by September 10,
 2001. Due to budget restrictions, unfortunately we will not be able
 to cover travel expenses for contributed speakers, but we may be able to
 provide inexpensive housing for some participants.

 Organizers: Marianne Korten (marianne at math.ksu.edu), Estela Gavosto
 (gavosto at math.ukans.edu), Charles Moore (cnmoore at math.ksu.edu),
 Rodolfo Torres (torres at math.ukans.edu).

         PRAIRIE ANALYSIS SEMINAR
                 Registration Form

   Name:
   Affiliation:

   Address:

   e-mail:
   phone:

  ______I would  like to give a short talk.

  Tentative title:

  Travel Plans:

  ______I will be traveling by car.

  ______ I will be flying into Manhattan.

         Arrival (day/time):
         Airline/flight #:

           "The real voyage of discovery consist not in seeking new
        landscapes, but in having new eyes."          -Marcel Proust

        Prof. Marianne Korten
        Kansas State University
        Dept. of Mathematics
        138 Cardwell Hall