Welcome to the HomePage of the Research Group in Calculus of
Variations and Geometric Measure Theory at Pisa.
Our research interest is the study of variational
problems and of their applications to Geometry and to Mechanics.
The group includes several mathematicians from
A list of fields in which the group has made active research in the
last years is:
- Optimal control problems
- Functionals defined on spaces of measures
- Semicontinuity, relaxation and integral representation of
- Shape optimization problems
- Regularity of nonlinear elliptic and parabolic equations
- Properties of Sobolev and BV functions
- Free-boundary problems
- Evolution by mean curvature
- Analysis in metric spaces
- Theory of currents and varifolds
- Functionals on spaces of manifolds
- Geometric evolution problems
- Nonlinear problems in geometry
- Variational methods in image and data analysis
- Problems in elasticity and continuum mechanics
We want to emphasize that our group is open to everybody whose
research interests are close to the topics listed above.
Please, feel free to navigate among the pages of the server,
and to download all the material you are interested in.
If you want to receive regularly the group news subscribe to our mailing
lists in the mail section.