Deadline: 16 jun 2020
The Mathematics Department of the University of Padova has an opening for 14 PhD positions. The deadline is on June 16th 2020 at 1 p.m.
One PhD position will be assigned for a specific project: Dynamics and control of networked structures with PDEs.
The successfull candidate is expected to conduct research under the guidance of the professors listed below on:
- study and control of relevant agent-based models of networks, like the the limit of the celebrated Cucker-Smale model, under an additional constraint of random lack of interaction.
- analysis and control of many particle (micro-macro) limits of discrete (ODE-based) models of traffic flow on a network.
Fabio Ancona (email@example.com), Francesco Rossi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Research Group: The recruited fellow will spend 3 to 6 months in one (or two) of the international institutions listed below and he will benefit of meetings and scientific networking activities in which the advisors are involved
- Université Paris Dauphine PSL - Ceremade, https:/www.ceremade.dauphine.fr
- University of Oxford - Mathematical Institute, https:/www.maths.ox.ac.uk
- University of Rutgers Camden - Department of Mathematical Sciences, https:/math.camden.rutgers.edu
- North Carolina State University - Department of Mathematics, https:/math.sciences.ncsu.edu