24 jan 2020 - 25 jan 2020 [open in google calendar]
The seminar will focus on various aspects of microstructures in solid mechanics, material science and applied mathematics:
- Modeling materials with microstructure (plasticity, damage, phase transitions, electro-magneto-mechanics, ...)
- Experimental results on the formation and evolution of microstructure (lamination, phase transformation, ...)
- Mathematical analysis, variational formulations, non-convex problems, relaxation methods
- Multiscale methods and computational tools for the determination of effective properties of microheterogeneous materials
The seminar gives the opportunity to discuss and to compare different approaches to the above fields. It provides a platform for the interaction among young and established researchers in solid mechanics, mathematics, and materials science.
Confirmed invited speakers are:
- Martin Idiart (La Plata)
- Richard D. James (Minneapolis)
- Claude Le Bris (Paris)
- Dirk Praetorius (Wien)
- Claudia Redenbach (Kaiserslautern)
Registration and information: https://home.mathematik.uni-freiburg.de/micro2020/
For the first time, there will also be an embedded meeting for junior scientists with short, informal talks and two invited speakers on Thursday, January 23 (afternoon).
- Annika Bach (Munich)
- Thorsten Bartel (Dortmund)
The participation in the young researchers meeting is free of charge. Please note that young researchers are of course also invited to submit a talk for the Seminar on Jan. 24-25. This junior meeting is just an additional opportunity to network and discuss current ongoing research and difficulties.
Organizers: Patrick Dondl , Dennis Kochmann.
Speakers: Martin Idiart, Richard D. James, Claude Le Bris, Dirk Praetorius, Claudia Redenbach.