Deadline: 1 nov 2021
The Mathematics Münster Graduate School at the University of Münster, Germany, is seeking to fill up to nine positions for
Doctoral Research Associates (salary level TV-L E 13, 75%)
to commence at the earliest possible date and no later than October 2022, in all fields of mathematics related to the work of the Cluster of Excellence Mathematics Münster: “Dynamics – Geometry – Structure”.
We are offering the fixed-term part-time positions (75%) for 3 years. Some of the positions are funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG), for example through the Cluster of Excellence Mathematics Münster, some through the Alexander von Humboldt Professorship, and some by the mathematical institutes of the University of Münster. The financial terms of the positions remain consistent regardless of the funding source. The main selection criterion is academic excellence.
This position is tied to working towards a doctorate (Dr. rer. nat.) in any of the fields of mathematics related to the Cluster of Excellence Mathematics Münster. Employees may be required to teach up to 3 hours per week during the semester depending on the source of funding.
Requirement profile and expectations:
- A master's degree or equivalent in mathematics or a related field is required.
- Good English communication skills. German language skills are not a requirement but a willingness to learn would be desirable.
- The ability to work independently and in a team is expected.
- A high level of motivation and enjoyment in scientific work is expected.
Advantages for you:
Doctoral researchers profit from the amenities of the Cluster of Excellence and the Mathematics Münster Graduate School, including receiving funding for conference travel or summer schools, having opportunities to co-organize academic events and participating in numerous networking opportunities and events.
- Applications should contain a cover letter, CV, copies of degree certificates (bachelor’s, master’s or diploma) and full academic transcripts, as well as evidence of proficiency in English.
- Applicants are invited to include examples of their academic work if appropriate.
- Applicants should also nominate at least two potential local supervisors listed as an investigator in an associated research area at Mathematics Münster.
- Please arrange for at least two letters of recommendation to be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org before 1 November 2021.
The University of Münster is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to increasing the proportion of women academics. Consequently, we actively encourage applications by women. Female candidates with equivalent qualifications and academic achievements will be preferentially considered within the framework of the legal possibilities.
The University of Münster is committed to employing more staff with disabilities. Candidates with recognised severe disabilities who have equivalent qualifications are given preference in hiring decisions.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
Are you interested? Then we look forward to receiving your application by 1 November 2021 via our online application form at: www.mathematics-muenster.de/career/apply
For more information visit: www.mathematics-muenster.de