[CvGmt News] [cvgmt position] Postdoctoral research positions at the University of Münster
caterina.zeppieri at uni-muenster.de
caterina.zeppieri at uni-muenster.de
Fri Sep 24 19:37:21 CEST 2021
Postdoctoral research positions at the University of Münster
Deadline: Monday, Nov 1, 2021
Mathematics Münster at the University of Münster, Germany, is seeking to fill up to seven positions for
*Postdoctoral Research Associates
(salary level TV‐L E 13, 100%)*
to commence at the earliest possible date and no later than October 2022, in all fields of mathematics related to the work of the Cluster of Excellence Mathematics Münster: “Dynamics – Geometry – Structure”.
We are offering full‐time positions (100%) for 3 years. Some of the positions are funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG), for example through the Cluster of Excellence Mathematics Münster or the Collaborative Research Centre “Geometry: Deformations and Rigidity”, some through the Alexander von Humboldt Professorship and some by the mathematical institutes of the University of Münster. The financial terms of the positions remain consistent regardless of the funding source. The main selection criterion is scientific excellence.
- Establish your research profile in our stimulating research environment.
- Contribute scientific research related to the Cluster's research areas.
- Actively engage in Cluster activities such as interdisciplinary exchanges and networking opportunities.
- Employees may be required to teach up to 4 hours per week during the semester depending on the source of funding.
Requirement profile and expectations:
- A doctorate or equivalent in mathematics or a related field is required.
- Good English communication skills are required. German language skills are not a requirement but a willingness to learn would be desirable.
- The ability to work both independently and in a team is expected.
- A high level of motivation and enjoyment in scientific work is expected.
Advantages for you:
As a member of the Mathematics Münster Postdoc Programme you will be a vital part of our international research community within the Cluster of Excellence. You are encouraged to establish your research profile in our stimulating research environment, among internationally renowned mathematicians, and benefit from the career development opportunities designed to foster your scientific independence. Guidance in your academic endeavors is provided by a mentor chosen among the professors of the mathematical institutes.
You profit from the amenities of the Cluster, including receiving financial and organisational support for:
- Conference travel, attendance at summer schools, networking opportunities and soft skill workshops.
- Hosting guest researchers, for both short collaborations and longer stays within our Young Research Fellow programme.
- Organisation of academic events, for example as part of the Young Mathematicians Conference Network (YMCN).
- Support regarding family matters, e.g. parent‐child rooms, temporary child care, travel support.
Furthermore, the University offers infrastructural support and workshops on diverse topics like third party funding and professional training for your career development.
- Applications should contain a cover letter, CV, copies of degree certificates (doctoral, master’s, bachelor’s, or diploma), and a publication list.
- A research plan associated with one or two of the Cluster’s research areas.
- Applicants who have not yet completed their PhD are required to include a two‐page outline of their dissertation project including their results up to now.
- Applicants should also nominate at least one potential mentor listed as an investigator from an associated research area at Mathematics Münster.
- Please arrange for at least two letters of recommendation to be sent directly to
mm.applications at uni‐muenster.de
before *1 November 2021*.
Young Research Group
Applicants are invited to apply for four‐year postdoctoral positions as members of a Young Research Group2 (YRG). A YRG consists of two or three members who will collaborate on a joint research project relevant to the research areas of Mathematics Münster. All group members must apply individually: please include the names of your collaborators in the application form and hand in one joint letter of motivation within the deadline to mm.applications at uni‐muenster.de.
The University of Münster is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to increasing the proportion of women academics. Consequently, we actively encourage applications by women. Female candidates with equivalent qualifications and academic achievements will be preferentially considered within the framework of the legal possibilities.
The University of Münster is committed to employing more staff with disabilities. Candidates with recognised severe disabilities who have equivalent qualifications are given preference in hiring decisions.
Positions can generally be filled as part‐time positions if there are no compelling work‐related reasons against doing so.
If you have any questions, please contact:
mm.applications at uni‐muenster.de .
Are you interested? Then we look forward to receiving your application by *1 November 2021* via our online application form at: www.mathematics‐muenster.de/career/apply
Please note that we cannot consider other application formats.
For more information visit: www.mathematics‐muenster.de
More information about the News