[CvGmt News] [cvgmt news] Einstein Semester in Berlin

ambrosio at sns.it ambrosio at sns.it
Sat Feb 1 14:21:33 CET 2020

Einstein Semester in Berlin

http://cvgmt.sns.it/news/51/

Dear colleagues,

in the winter term 2020/21 we, Volker Mehrmann, Alexander Mielke, Dirk Peschka, Marita Thomas and Barbara Wagner, are organizing an Einstein semester in Berlin, funded by the Einstein Foundation, with a variety of courses on "Energy-based mathematical methods for reactive multiphase flows". You can find more information and regular updates here:

http://www.wias-berlin.de/events/TESenergy/

We would be very excited to welcome you to the main conference in the week of October 26-30. During the semester there will also be several smaller special workshops and also special courses for students.

The range of topics includes, but is not limited to, variational modeling, appropriate structure-preserving numerical schemes, corresponding mathematical analysis, upscaling from microscopic models, and seeing this brought to life in applications with reactive flows.

If the topic has already sparked your interest or if you have a student for whom participation or even a scholarship could be beneficial, we would be very appreciative of your feedback to tesenergy at wias-berlin.de. We would also be grateful if you forward this announcement to interested colleagues.

With kind regards

Organizers of the Thematic Einstein Semester

Volker Mehrmann (TU Berlin)
Alexander Mielke (HU Berlin / WIAS)
Dirk Peschka (WIAS)
Marita Thomas (WIAS / U. Kassel)