[CvGmt News] Seminario Liliane A. Maia (08/10/2019)

Riccardo Molle molle at axp.mat.uniroma2.it
Mon Sep 30 15:18:46 CEST 2019

SEMINARIO DI EQUAZIONI DIFFERENZIALI

Dipartimento di Matematica
Università degli Studi di Roma "Tor Vergata"

Martedì 8 ottobre 2019, ore 14:30 Aula Dal Passo

Liliane A. Maia (Universidade de Brasília)
Titolo: Semilinear Parabolic Equations with asymptotically linear growth

Sunto: We present some recent work on the existence and behaviour of
solutions for a class of semilinear parabolic equation, defined on a
bounded smooth domain and we assume that the nonlinearity is asymptotically
linear at infinity.
We analyse the behavior of the solutions when the initial data varies in the
phase space. We obtain global solutions which may be bounded or blowup in
infinite time (grow-up). Our main tools are the comparison principle and
variational methods.
Particular attention is paid to initial data at high energy level. We use the
Nehari manifold to separate the phase space into regions of initial data where
uniform boundedness or grow-up behavior of the semiflow may occur.

This is work in collaboration with Juliana Pimentel (UFRJ, Brazil).

http://www.mat.uniroma2.it/~ricerca/analis/Seminario%20di%20Equazioni%20Differenziali.html

Via della Ricerca Scientifica 1
00133 Rome (Italy)

Phone: +39 06 72594668