[CvGmt News] [cvgmt position] Postdoctoral Researcher at Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology under Prof. Daniel Spector
dspector at math.nctu.edu.tw
dspector at math.nctu.edu.tw
Mon Sep 16 03:14:30 CEST 2019
Postdoctoral Researcher at Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology under Prof. Daniel Spector
Deadline: Sunday, Dec 15, 2019
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology
Postdoctoral Researcher in Nonlinear Analysis Unit
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST; see www.oist.jp) is a dynamic new graduate university of science and technology in Okinawa Prefecture, Japan. The university is located on 85 hectares of protected forestland overlooking beautiful shoreline and coral reefs. The campus is striking architecturally, and the facilities are outstanding (OIST campus video tour). There are no academic departments, which facilitates multidisciplinary research. Outstanding resources and equipment are provided and managed to encourage easy access and collaboration. English is the official language of the University, and the university research community is fully international, with more than 50 countries represented. OIST is rapidly gaining recognition in the worldwide academic community as a model for excellence in education and research.
Position summary: Postdoctoral Researcher in Prof. Daniel Spector’s Nonlinear Analysis Unit.
Working Location: 1919-1 Tancha, Onna-son, Okinawa, Japan 904-0495
1. Engage in ongoing and active independent research.
2. Participate in the activities of the Nonlinear Analysis group.
1. PhD in Mathematics.
2. Speaking/Listening Proficiency in the English Language.
Report to: Professor Daniel Spector/Nonlinear Analysis Unit
Starting Date: September 1, 2020 (flexible)
Term & Working hours: Term: Full-time, fixed term appointment for 2 years in the first instance. This contract may be renewed up to a total of 3 years.
Working hours: 9:00-17:30 (Discretionary)
Compensation & Benefits:
Compensation commensurate with experience, in accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations Benefits:
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays - Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
- Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
- Worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
How to Apply: Through mathjobs.org
or send by post to the following address:
Nonlinear Analysis Unit
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1, Onna, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
- Cover letter in English that discusses connection with Prof. Daniel Spector’s work
- Curriculum vitae in English
- Research Plan in English
- 3~5 Reference Letters
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
Application Due Date: Applications will be reviewed on a continuing basis.
* OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages women and minority candidates to apply.
* Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
* Please view our policy for rules on external professional activities (https://groups.oist.jp/acd/information-disclosure/).
* Further details about the University can be viewed on our website (www.oist.jp).
Mathjobs.org Advertisement: https://www.mathjobs.org/jobs/jobs/14447
More information about the News