[CvGmt News] Seminario M. Morini (12/02/2019)

Riccardo Molle molle at axp.mat.uniroma2.it
Wed Feb 6 14:26:43 CET 2019

SEMINARIO DI EQUAZIONI DIFFERENZIALI

Dipartimento di Matematica
Università degli Studi di Roma "Tor Vergata"

Martedì 12 febbraio 2019, ore 14:30 Aula Dal Passo

Massimiliano Morini (Università di Parma)

Titolo: Existence and uniqueness for anisotropic and crystalline mean curvature flows

An existence and uniqueness result, up to fattening, for
crystalline mean curvature flows with forcing and arbitrary (convex)
mobilities, is proven. This is achieved by introducing a new notion of
solution to the corresponding level set formulation. Such solutions
satisfy a comparison principle and stability properties with respect
to the approximation by suitably regularized problems. The results are
valid in any dimension and for arbitrary, possibly unbounded, initial
closed sets. As a result of our analysis, we deduce the convergence of
a minimizing movement scheme proposed by Almgren, Taylor and Wang
(1993), to a unique (up to fattening) “flat flow”.

http://www.mat.uniroma2.it/~ricerca/analis/Seminario%20di%20Equazioni%20Differenziali.html

Via della Ricerca Scientifica 1
00133 Rome (Italy)

Phone: +39 06 72594668