[CvGmt News] Phd positions at IST Austria - starting in September 2019
lorenzo.portinale at ist.ac.at
Wed Nov 21 16:11:09 CET 2018
The Institute of Science and Technology Austria (IST Austria) is looking for highly qualified candidates to apply for our ISTScholar PhD program. We offer fully-funded PhD positions in the natural and mathematical sciences in a world-class research environment on the outskirts of Vienna. The research topics that might interest students in your department include:
- Barton<http://ist.ac.at/research/research-groups/barton-group/> Mathematical Models of Evolution
- Browning<https://ist.ac.at/research/research-groups/browning-group/> Analytic Number Theory and its Interfaces
- Edelsbrunner<http://ist.ac.at/research/research-groups/edelsbrunner-group/> Algorithms, Computational Geometry and Topology
- Erdős<http://ist.ac.at/research/research-groups/erdoes-group/> Mathematics of Disordered Quantum Systems and Matrices
- Fischer<http://ist.ac.at/research/research-groups/fischer-group/> Theory of Partial Differential Equations, Applied and Numerical Analysis
- Hausel<http://ist.ac.at/research/research-groups/hausel-group/> Geometry and its Interfaces
- Maas<http://ist.ac.at/research/research-groups/maas-group/> Stochastic Analysis and Optimal Transport
- Seiringer<http://ist.ac.at/research/research-groups/seiringer-group/> Quantum Statistical Mechanics, Mathematical Physics
- Wagner<http://ist.ac.at/research/research-groups/wagner-group/> Discrete and Computational Geometry and Topology
Our PhD program<https://phd.pages.ist.ac.at/phd-program-overview/> is characterized by innovative training with a special focus on interdisciplinarity, close mentoring by outstanding faculty<http://ist.ac.at/research/research-groups/> within small research groups, and access to first-rate facilities<http://ist.ac.at/ssus/list-of-facilities/>. Students spend the first year completing coursework and rotations before choosing a thesis group and passing the qualifying exam. Our PhD graduates have gone on to top positions in academia and industry all over the world.
Students with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a relevant field are encouraged to apply. We offer internationally competitive salaries co-funded by an EU Marie Sklodowska-Curie grant, full health benefits, and subsidized on-campus housing in the first year.
For more information about the ISTScholar PhD program and application process, as well as faculty profiles, please visit our website at http://phd.ist.ac.at, or come to our Student Open Day on November 30th (register at: http://ist.ac.at/studentopenday).
The deadline for PhD applications is January 8th 2019 for a start date in September 2019.
Dean, Graduate School
Institute of Science and Technology Austria
gradschool at ist.ac.at<mailto:gradschool at ist.ac.at>
Nov 30, 2018 (Friday)
Lab Tours | Meet the Profs | Campus Tours | Internships | PhD Program | Think & Drink Talk
Register here for the Student Open Day: http://ist.ac.at/studentopenday
Download our 2019 PhD open call flyers here: https://phd.pages.ist.ac.at/downloads/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the News