[CvGmt News] Fwd: Auto-discard notification

Carlo Mantegazza carlo.mantegazza at sns.it
Mon May 28 12:01:07 CEST 2018

From: Riccardo Molle <molle at axp.mat.uniroma2.it>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2018 11:48:12 +0200
Subject: Seminario G.Grillo (05/06/2018)

SEMINARIO DI EQUAZIONI DIFFERENZIALI
Dipartimento di Matematica
Universita' degli Studi di Roma "Tor Vergata"

Martedi' 5 giugno 2018, ore 14:30 Aula Dal Passo

Gabriele Grillo (Politecnico di Milano)

Titolo: On some nonlinear diffusions on manifolds

Abstract: I shall discuss recent results on the porous medium and fast
diffusion equations on negatively curved manifolds. Among the main
problems considered I mention detailed asymptotics of positive
solutions, that depend in a crucial way on curvature assumptions.
Uniqueness of solutions in suitable classes is another critical issue,
and I shall discuss how in the fast diffusion case this turns out to be
related to parabolicity, a purely linear concept.

Via della Ricerca Scientifica 1
00133 Rome (Italy)

Phone: +39 06 72594668
Fax:   +39 06 72594699