[CvGmt News] Seminari di Equazioni differenziali (Y. Lee e A. Jevnikar, 18/7/2018)

Alfonso Sorrentino sorrentino at mat.uniroma2.it
Thu Jul 12 09:25:51 CEST 2018

SEMINARIO DI EQUAZIONI DIFFERENZIALI
Dipartimento di Matematica
Universita' degli Studi di Roma "Tor Vergata"

*Mercoledi' 18 Luglio 2018, Aula Dal Passo*

*DUE SEMINARI:*

*15:00- 15:45 *

*Youngaee Lee* (Kyungpook National University, South Korea)

Titolo:  Existence of non-topological solutions in the SU(3) Chern-Simons
model

Abstract: We consider non-topological solutions of a nonlinear elliptic
system problem derived from the SU(3) Chern-Simons models. The existence of
non-topological solutions even for radial symmetric case has been a long
standing open problem. Recently, Choe, Kim, and Lin showed the existence of
radial symmetric non-topological solution when the vortex points collapse.
However, the arguments in that paper cannot work for an arbitrary
configuration of vortex points. In this talk, I introduce a new approach by
using different scalings for different components of the system to
construct a family of partial blowing up non-topological solutions.

*16:00 - 16:45*

*Aleks Jevnikar* (Universita' di Pisa)

Titolo: Uniqueness results for singular Liouville equations.

Abstract: We discuss uniqueness aspects for solutions to Liouville
equations.  We start by giving an overview of the known results. Then, we
present some recent results as well as a new self-contained proof of
previously known results. To this end, we introduce the so-called Sphere
Covering Inequality.

Website: http://www.mat.uniroma2.it/~sorrenti/SeminarioED.html

--
Dipartimento di Matematica
Università degli Studi di Roma "Tor Vergata"

Phone: +39 06 72594663
Fax:      +39 06 72594699
Web page: http://www.mat.uniroma2.it/~sorrenti
Email: sorrentino at mat.uniroma2.it