[CvGmt News] [cvgmt event] Material girls - a workshop for women in Mathematical Material Science

alessandra.pluda at ur.de alessandra.pluda at ur.de
Thu Aug 16 11:58:17 CEST 2018

Material girls - a workshop for women in Mathematical Material Science

http://cvgmt.sns.it/event/499/

Date: Monday, Nov  5, 2018 -- Tuesday, Nov  6, 2018

Place: University of Regensburg

Dear Colleague,

we are pleased to announce the mini-workshop

“Material girls - a workshop for women in Mathematical Material Science”

that will be held in Regensburg on November the 5-6, 2018.

Registration:
Everybody is welcome to attend the workshop!
We request that you register by 5th October 2018 sending an email to
alessandra.pluda at ur.de

Financial support:
Female young participants can apply for financial support.
Please send a short CV within the 1st October 2018 to
alessandra.pluda at ur.de

Please forward this information to young researchers or colleagues
who might be interested.

A substantial financial help comes from the graduate school “GK 2339: Interfaces, Complex Structures, and Singular Limits”

This workshop is also partially supported by “Universität Regensburg - Chancengleichheit (equal opportunities)”
and one of the intent is to promote an environment   favorable to women in academia.

The title of the conference plays on the pun between the topic of the workshop and a famous pop song and it is ironic on purpose. We hope that no one has felt offended because of the joke.

Organizing Commitee: A. Pluda

Invited Speakers: E. Davoli, L. De Luca, M. S. Gelli, F. Iurlano, D. Knees, C. Kreisbeck, I. Lucardesi, E. Rocca, M. Thomas, B. Zwicknagl