[CvGmt News] [Notiziario] [Settimanale] avviso Colloquio della Classe di Scienze, prof. Ciro Ciliberto (15.11.2017)

Valeria Giuliani valeria.giuliani at sns.it
Tue Oct 31 09:44:11 CET 2017

*Colloqui della Classe di Scienze*

Mercoledì  15 novembre 2017

ore 15:00

*Scuola Normale Superiore*

Pisa

(Sala Azzurra)

*Ciro Ciliberto*

*(Università di Roma “Tor Vergata”)*

Terrà un seminario dal titolo:

*“**Enumeration in geometry**”*

*Abstract:*

*Enumeration of geometric objects verifying some specific properties is an
old and venerable subject.  In this talk  I will start by briefly reviewing
some of its history and problems. In the last decades, enumerative geometry
saw the flourishing of new problems and underwent a tremendous change of
perspective and a spectacular progress, with the introduction of extremely
refined new mathematical ideas and tools which launched unexpected bridges
between different parts of mathematics. This has been due also, sometimes
mainly, to the input of questions coming from physics. New insights have
also been provided by discretization methods in algebraic geometry
introduced by the so--called tropical mathematics, which, by the way, has
quite interesting applications in phylogenetics. Being impossible to
present all this material in a one hour talk, I will limit myself to give
general information on some aspects of these topics, the ones which are
closer to my own research and (limited) knowledge**.*

Valeria Giuliani
Scuola Normale Superiore
Servizio alla Didattica e Allievi
tel. 050 509260
Piazza dei Cavalieri, 7
56126 Pisa
E-mail: valeria.giuliani at sns.it
E-mail: classi at sns.it

--
Hai ricevuto questo messaggio perché sei iscritto al gruppo "Matematici.Esterni.SNS" di Google Gruppi.